NOW IN CANADA!
This simplified App can be used by the Prescribing Doctor to scan forearms/hands for the following cast/splint applications:
Prescriptions are required for acute injuries like fractures, under a Doctor's care. Take this information flyer to your Doctor, and ask them to put you into a removable splint or bi-valve. You must wait for swelling to reduce prior to scanning, or scan will not be accurate for device design.
Once swelling has reduced, an iPhone scan may be done in your Doctor's office, or in your home under the guidance of ActivArmor staff, for your Doctor to approve.
IMPORTANT - CANADIAN BASED PATIENTS/PROVIDERS MUST FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE TO ORDER ACTIVARMOR:
DOCTORS or PATIENTS - ON YOUR iPHONE:
1. Download free App to iPhone (10 or newer, available at the iTunes App Store - search for "ActivArmor")
2. Watch The Scan training video following below (practice is okay and important at this point)
3. Practice Scanning! Takes about 10 tries to perfect.
DO NOT SUBMIT ANY SCANS YET!
DOCTORS or PATIENTS - GO TO THE DESKTOP/LAPTOP TO COMPLETE ORDER FORM
4. Download this Flyer for measurement instructions. Print if you need a tape measure.
5. Review the ActivArmor Canada iPhone App Liability Waiver. (required)
6. Complete the Order Form (ideally, use a desktop/laptop - not smartphone)
7. Upload attachment scan/pic of Doctor's Prescription to Order Form.
8. Pay for the device via PayPal (MSRP Pricing available here).
9. Submit Order Form to ActivArmor Canada.
10. You will receive a Receipt and Confirmation Code # from ActivArmor Canada.
DOCTOR'S or PATIENTS UNDER GUIDANCE
GO BACK TO THE iPHONE APP
11. Carefully remove the temporary splint or brace for scanning.
13. Use Fabric tape measure to obtain circumference readings in millimeters at line locations. Mark these measurements down which will be entered in iPhone Scan Form (in app).
14. Conduct the scan. When you have a good image in which the arm is clear, push "Submit" to send scan to the ActivArmor Design Team.
15. Reaffix the temporary splint or brace.
16. You will be asked for "Order #" - Enter CANXXX (where XXX is received number - Canada Confirmation Code #)
17. You will need to enter your telephone number, as well as the circumference measurements you recorded in #10 above.
18. SUBMIT SCAN!
Your custom ActivArmor Device will arrive within 3 -5 business days.
The App was designed primarily for the US market, and forwards info to the Head office by default. It is important to follow these instructions for any Canadian based orders, or it will not process. All scans from Canada must provide a Canadian Confirmation Code # to proceed. The device will still be designed in the US, but fabricated in Canada to a very precise standard, and couriered to the originating Doctor's office for fitting. Payment will be processed in Canada in Canadian dollars, and ActivArmor Canada (located in Calgary) is available for all Customer Service inquiries.
Device will be custom designed in the US, fabricated in Canada, and sent via UPS/FEDEX, all of this typically taking from 3 to 5 business days.